Monday 25 March 2013

Various Artists - Sonic Boom Vol. 3 (Giant Step)



I only found out last week that those cheeky music pushers over at Giant Step have been releasing some amazing free soul compilations since last year. The latest installment is in the shape of 'Sonic Boom Vol. 3' and the quality of the content is exactly what you'd expect from one of the best nu soul sites out there.

Smooth, infectious beats, incredible sampling work and flawless vocals are aplenty on this 12-tracker, with my favourite cuts including a wicked cover of Frank Ocean's 'Pyramids' and the uber-funky 'I-69' by a new name to me - Roman GianArthur (check it out on this week's Podcast).

Maybe I'm showing my age but it still feels somehow wrong to be able to grab such amazing music for free, particularly when I used to spend around £10 a piece for singles of this quality on vinyl. Either way, that's progress I guess, and it's sounds sweet!
DJ Equipment - Serato Scratch Live SL-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...